Last Update: September 17, 2021
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Information which we collect and process
- How we use your personal data
- Sharing of personal data
- Website Information
- Interest-Based Advertising
- Safeguards and Retention
- Your Choices
- Your rights
- Contact Information
INFORMATION WHICH WE COLLECT AND PROCESS
We collect and process your personal data including, but not limited to, the following types of personal data:
- Personal details and contact information: This includes information such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and delivery address.
- Sales and marketing related information: If you sign up to receive our marketing communications by text or email, we will collect your mobile number or email address
- Payment and transactional information: If you place an order from Sheertex, we (or our authorized third-party payment processor) will collect information such as your first and last name, email address, phone number, mailing address, delivery address, and your payment information (including billing address, credit card number, expiry date and CVV/CVC code) in order to process the transaction. If you pay through a third-party payment partner such as PayPal, Amazon Pay or Sezzle you may be required to log-in to your account with the third party.
- Employment related information: In connection with a job application or related inquiry, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (such as that contained in a CV, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials).
- Information you provide in surveys: Information which you provide in survey responses on surveys carried out by Sheertex.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data for the purposes described below, except where restricted by law. In doing so, we rely on a number of separate legal bases to lawfully process such information.
We process your personal data where it is necessary to perform our contractual obligations with you. In particular, we process your personal data when you are:
We may also process your information where necessary to further our legitimate interests and those of others, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. In particular, the processing of your personal data is necessary for the following legitimate interests:
- If you sign-up to receive our email marketing communications, we may use services provided by third-party platforms (such as social media and other websites) to serve tailored advertisements on such platforms to you or others, and we may provide a hashed version of your email address or other information to the platform provider for such purposes. To opt-out of the use of your information for these purposes, please send a request to email@example.com.
- Run Contests and Promotions: When you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, we may collect your name, address, email address, phone number, and any additional information or content required for the contest or promotion, including to deliver a prize to you. We use this information to administer your participation in the contest or promotion. It is in our legitimate interests to promote and market our products and services and your legitimate interests to participate in such contests and promotions.
- Refer-a-Friend: We may provide you with the opportunity to refer your friends to Sheertex in order to earn rewards (such as a $20 off $50+ coupon). If you choose to participate, we will ask your name and email address as well as your friend’s name and email address. We will send your friend an email on your behalf with information on how to obtain the reward. We do not use the names or email addresses submitted in these circumstances for any other purpose without consent to do so. You are responsible for ensuring that you only submit email addresses of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive the referral email message. To learn more, see our Refer-a-Friend Terms and Conditions. It is in our legitimate interests to promote and market our products and services.
- Social Media: We may collect information about your interactions with our accounts on third party social media platforms (i.e. posts, comments).
- Facilitating the Employment process: In connection with a job application or related inquiry, you may provide us with certain personal information about yourself (such as that contained in a resume, cover letter, or similar employment-related materials). We use this information for the purpose of processing and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. It is in our and your legitimate interests to facilitate our recruitment process.
- Carrying out Surveys: From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in one of our surveys. The information obtained through our surveys is used in an aggregated, de-identified form. We use this information to help us understand our users, enhance our Website and improve our products and services. It is in our legitimate interests to improve our products and services.
- Contacting users: When you contact us with a comment, question or complaint, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, address and a telephone number, along with additional information we need to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comment. We may retain this information to assist you in the future. It is in our and your legitimate interests to facilitating contact and communication in relation to the Sheertex products and services.
- Facilitating Internet Based Advertising: We process your personal data collected on our Website to work with third parties such as ad networks and other advertising companies that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies, web beacons and pixel tags) on our Website in order to provide you with tailored advertisements across the Internet. This is a common marketing practice referred to as interest-based or online behavioural advertising. It is in our and our partners legitimate interests to develop personalized content and deliver ads that are more relevant to you, including on third-party websites.
- Sharing information with others including law enforcement and to respond to legal requests: We and our Canadian, US and other foreign service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant to other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable law. It is our legitimate interests to protect ourselves (including our rights and property, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries) and the community at large.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except as set forth below or as required or permitted by law.
Vendors and Service Providers: Your personal information will be transferred (or otherwise made available) to certain third parties that provide services on our behalf. We use service providers to provide services such as hosting the Website, fulfilling and delivering orders, tracking orders, providing our chat bot for customer support, sending communications on our behalf, processing payments and refunds, processing job applications, and providing advertising, marketing and analytics services. Our service providers are required to enter appropriate contractual arrangements and to protect your personal data with appropriate security measures. Our service providers are only provided with the information they need to perform their designated functions and are not authorized to use or disclose personal information for their own marketing or any other purposes. Our service providers may access or store personal information in the U.S., Canada or other foreign jurisdictions.
Legal and Compliance purposes: We and our Canadian, US and other foreign service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant to other legally valid inquiry or order, or to another organization for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement or contravention of law or detecting, suppressing or preventing fraud, or as otherwise may be required or permitted by applicable Canadian, U.S. or other law or legal process, which may include lawful access by US or foreign courts, law enforcement or other government authorities. Your personal information may also be disclosed where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and to investigate or prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a proposed or completed merger, acquisition or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Sheertex or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
Visiting our Website: When you visit our Website, we collect your IP (Internet protocol) address along with other related information such as page requests, referring web page or link clicked on to access the Website, your browser type, your operating system and the average time you spend on our Website. We use this information to help us understand our Website activity, to monitor and improve our Website and provide relevant content.
SAFEGUARDS AND RETENTION
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures in an effort to safeguard the personal information in our custody and control against theft, loss and unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure. We restrict access to personal information on a need-to-know basis to employees and authorized service providers who require access to fulfil their job requirements.
We have record retention processes designed to retain personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out herein or as otherwise to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements.
Where your data is transferred outside the EEA, we rely on appropriate mechanisms for international data transfers in jurisdictions that require us to do so. For example, we utilize standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission and rely on the European Commission's adequacy decisions about certain countries, as applicable, for data transfers from the EEA to Canada, the United States and other countries.
As indicated above, if you have signed-up to receive our email communications, you can unsubscribe any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of the email. You can unsubscribe from our text messages by responding STOP to any message. Alternatively, you can opt-out of receiving our marketing communications by contacting us at the contact information under “Contact Us” below. To opt-out of interest-based advertising, see the “Interest-Based Advertising” section above.
If you are resident in the EU, we only rely on your consent to process your personal data where we expressly indicate that this is the case. Where we rely on your consent, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time and we will provide you with an appropriate mechanism to do so. For all other users, you can withdraw your consent for the processing of your personal information (subject legal and contractual restrictions) by contacting us as set out below. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with all of the products or services you requested.
Subject to limited exceptions under applicable law, you have the right to access, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control. You may request access, updating and corrections of inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody or control by emailing or writing to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purpose of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to his or her personal information records.
If you live in the EEA, you have a number of additional rights with regard to your personal data including the right to port your personal data in certain circumstances. In many cases where we process your information, you may also have a right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal data.
In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us. You can request that we delete your personal data and we will carry out this request unless certain reasons arise permitting us to keep certain personal data about you. These rights may not apply to individuals outside the EEA.
If you are based in the EEA and you wish to raise a concern about our use of your data (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority in the country in which you reside.
To exercise any of your applicable rights, please contact us at the contact information set out under “Contact Information” below.
This Policy may be updated from time to time. If we make changes that are material we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by sending you a notification.
VP Legal Affairs & General Counsel
Our designated Article 27 GDPR representative can be contacted at:
Postal: MHC GDPR Representative, Mason Hayes and Curran Professional Services Limited South Bank House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland